This is a thread to ask questions about the Enhancement spec. Please keep in mind that many of your questions may have already been answered in the Wiki.
Yes, he meant Shock and Awe.
Hi Oxii !
hi Askyr, I was very glad to see you on this forum. Hope you will play again at MOP.
and many thanks to Binkenstein. I had missed this topic on MMO.
Does Glyph of Telluric Currents return 6k mana per Lightning Bolt for Enhancement? I just updated the glyph implementation in Simulationcraft in the belief that the glyph actually returns 10% of base mana (6k for all Shaman specs) instead of 2% of max mana (6k for Resto/Ele, 1.2k for Enhance), but I don't have WoW handy to check the mana return for Enhancement.
No. It should return 10%
Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard
I am new to raiding as melee and Enhancement, and I would appreciate some feedback on how to improve my performance.
(Edit- Since I posted this I have upgraded 4 pieces and am in the process of regemming them to perfect gem cuts. The gear I was in for these logs is much different now)
Here is a log of our first kill of Garalon- http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fy...?s=7720&e=8140
And a CompareBot report- http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50996...80002f1#damage
(glyphs may be changed for different encounters. For Garalon I used Maelstrom, Healing Wolves, Spirit Walk)
I'm using Echo/UF for talents and follow the suggested priority. Our melee's assignment was to stay on the back two legs, attacking the body when they were down, and if necessary, help the ranged on one of the front two if they needed it. For the pull, I used Spirit Walk, Wolves and Fire Ele, and once in melee for SS I casted Heroism, Stormlash and Ascendance (via macro). I then tried to wait to recast Wolves/Ascendance as soon as they were up and a new leg was mended, but not late enough to where they wouldn't be up together for the burn and final potion.
I tried only use Lava Lash after Stormstrike, but I know I messed that up a couple of times.
Thank you again for any input.
Last edited by Raiyuna; 09-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.
To start off, here are a few minor things to note that you don't have to follow if you don't want:
Originally Posted by Raiyuna
- First off, EDIT: this point was originally about reforging more optimally and gems, but I noticed your edit saying you changed gear recently so I'll hold off on that for now
- Second, I'm uncertain what rotation logic you use for lava lash but it doesn't look like you're using LL enough. You should wait to use it until after stormstrike like you said, but only if stormstrike isn't on CD, perhaps you're waiting for SS' CD to come up even when LL isn't on CD, or maybe you're prioritizing 3-4 maelstrom stack lightning bolts over lava lash? Not sure, just something to keep in mind.
- Third, You've got to make sure to swap to Earth Shock usage when an UF'd FS is already up on the target as well and not forget to use it, you have very few casts for the length of that fight(around 1/4 my earth shock casts on a 3 second shorter kill than mine), perhaps you were prioritizing 1/2 stack mw5-lightning bolts over it, or just recasting FS too often(assuming this because you cast FS 3 more times than me, but you had 5% less actual FS uptime)?
- Fourth, it looks like you need to work on your fire totem uptime, your fire elemental was perfectly fine, but searing totem uptime was not(correlating to searing flames uptime, correlating to LL damage).
- Finally, don't forget you can always cast greater earth ele during downtime in your rotation when it's off CD and won't overlap with the 1 min left on fire ele CD for an extra 3k or so dps for the time it's up, which usually works out to around 500-700 extra dps for this fight.
Slightly more important suggestion:
- Make sure you're getting 3 ascendance casts off during this fight since it's around a 7 minute fight, and you only got 2 off in your kill. Saving CDs to line them up is a good idea of course, but for 3min+ cd's you're going to want as many uses as possible and it's possible to line things up fairly well while getting 3 Ascendances off. You can use one at the start, one when it comes off CD(time with your synapse springs at least, and celestial blessings or full of stars proc from your trinkets if you get one in decent enough time), and you'll have ascendance up again for the last minute of the fight.
Primarily, however, the main thing holding back your dps is the low weapon damage on those 463 heroic weapons. MH dps is one of the strongest indicators of our overall DPS and scales immensely. Replace your MH weapon with a fist off of gara'jal or shek'zeer and your numbers will increase significantly.
Also, I'm sure you're aware that being in the circles under Garalon's legs lets you do 100% more damage to them, so ideally you want to save your CDs and pop them when you know you'll have a good length of time in a circle under his legs, and also maximize your time under the circles while dpsing legs. Got to make sure to not let attacking Garalon's main body distract you from getting under a circle and switching to legs as fast as possible when they regen, or even as they're regenning if you're close enough, as they will do way more dps to Garalon's body as it is in the end. Perhaps your pheromones kiting strategy and assignments are keeping you from this but you had the weak points debuff for 10% less uptime than me, and I wasn't allowed to attack the front left leg at all during the fight and had plenty of time where I was just attacking the boss. So that comes out to about 42 seconds of less time with 100% extra dmg to his legs than me(which translates into dmg on his body when they die), and I didn't even keep good time under those circles/legs either.
TLDR: To summarize, there are a few things you can do to increase your dps on Garalon, but the biggest thing holding you back is your MH weapon atm.
Hope this helps some
Thanks so much for the in-depth reply seventothese.
I've since upgraded 6 pieces of gear including finally getting the fist weapons from Gara'jal last night. I just need to tweak reforges and save up for double Dancing Steal. I'm looking forward to the next time I can work on Garalon and see how I do now.
I was indeed delaying LL quite a bit, due to either recasting UF, refreshing FS, and MW x3-5 LB (sometimes I miss the UF buff by just a hair). I also delayed it when SS was coming off cooldown in a couple seconds because I was worried about shocks and both melee abilities being on cooldown at the same time. I think this bad habit formed when I noticed that my LL damage was so low on my overall damage done, so I kept pushing it lower than is recommended. I also now use an audio cue to scream at me when Fire Ele or Searing Totem expire so that I can re-drop during hectic times.
One thing I remembered, I macro my Synapse Springs with UE since it is my highest active ability. Is this a good idea?
Thanks again for your help!
Question leveling a new enchance shammy; due to the sheer dps and agility gain would 2 of the 480 xmas daggers be better than 2 heroic 463 weps even though the speed sucks.
No, that would not be an increase at all.
Originally Posted by Dashingthroughthesnow
I didn't think it would just wanted to be sure due the tier and a half difference
I just ran through my dear enhancement shamans number's through the sim, mainly to double check stat weights after finally getting her to a reasonable gear level. I'm ending up with this:
Agility=3.82, CritRating=1.19, HasteRating=1.08, MasteryRating=1.25
I am bit confused as to why crit would rank so high. I'm a bit out of touch with enhance this xpac but as far as I believe, and can find rummaging through various forums, crit generally shouldn't be that high and haste generally not that low.
My shaman can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...taria/advanced
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You have very low crit chance, which devalues haste rating, and you're using jade bandit figurine + herbalism, both of which value crit rating + devalue haste rating.
Last edited by Purge; 26-01-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Ah, I should've picked up on that myself. Apparentley my mind was not thinking clearly. Thanks for answering so speedily.
Any chance the moderators can get rid of all the old posts on here from previous expansions? They are no longer relevant and take up the first 3 pages.
To be honest, I don't like threads like this for this reason, among others. Might just let it go away, and people can make threads for individual topics.
Originally Posted by Drofdarb
I think that would be a good idea. Not like these forums are flooded and need that kind of organization.
Healing Stream Totem. It's not worth keeping up right? Due to the low numbers it heals for, or?
I generally drop it as lowest priority, boils down to ~1.5-2m healing depending on fight length. It's free, whatever might as well.
Originally Posted by Fallin
An 11:28 horridon kill resulted in 2.94m healing from healingstream
Last edited by Rusah; 26-03-2013 at 12:25 AM.
it's worth it if you have nothing else to press, some healing is better than no healing